Wednesday 20 August 2014

Chapter Three

The late summer sun is warm on my skin, the air is full of sents, the nectar in my glass is full of bubbles and is sweat like sugar. So far on our date Salem has baked me cookies and brought me on a picknick to the park.
"Your eyes are the most beautiful shade of blue. Did you know that?" 
I look up at him as he is stairing into my eyes. I love how he's a gentlement when he needs to be. I blush and lay down beside him, with his arm in the crook of my neck I feel safe, whole again. It's been three weeks since the accident. Recovering has been hard but I think I'm getting there. He has been a big part of my recovery, instead of moping around I spend most of my days with him laughing, loving and of course sometimes crying. But like he tells me, just remember it hurts because they loved you. But what scares me most is how fast I'm falling for him. But right here, right now is perfect. He picks up a strand of blue hair that is so sun bleached it's almost white and examines it as if he was a scientist and my hair befuddled him. 
"You know" I say rolling so I lay perched ontop of him. " You might have to kiss me or someone else in this park might try to grab you up, thinking your single." 
He looks at me with his smug grin.
"You know what? I just might." 
And at that second he grabs my waist and spins me so that he is now pinning me to the ground. He slowly leans in towards me, examining my eyes to see if this is truly what I want. Then when our faces are millimeters apart he closes his eyes and kisses me. With his lips on mine I feel his every move, his breath warm and sweet like the nectar. He grabs the back of my neck with one hand and carresses my cheek with the other. But all too quickly it's over he pulls away heaving for breath and smiles.
Together we make the perfect couple, ever since the accident all my mind can focuse on is him. His perfect green eyes and angled chin, the way he moves and speaks. Every time he calls mine name I'm forced to smile, it's like a blessing. 
"You know you really live in a dump." 
"What the hell is wrong with you Salem?" I say, he just ruined the moment. Why the hell would he bring that up. 
"What!? I was just gonna suggest we get a place together!" 
I look at him in awe and delight. What a perfect situation, me and him together in a cute little house in town. He smiles taking that as a yes and lays back down to cuddle as we watch another summer afternoon float by. 

                                                                        ➰

"Well as you can see Mr. And Mrs. Berrylooth this little bungalow has a lot of character." 
"We're not married. Just a couple." Salem explains to our real estate agent. He looks bewildered that a couple would move in together without being married. I guess that's what happens when you live in a small town. 
Salem and I are looking at houses in town. So far the one we saw yesterday is still my favorite it has a cute little baby blue living room with white accents and my god the bed room was beautiful, a white little double bed with ribbond draping over it with glass arched door leadin out into a little garden. I fell in love the moment I saw it. But this house isn't so bad either. It has a kitchen with a little breakfast table and a couch and tv. The bedroom isn't as nice as the other one but this one is romantic, red is all you see across the entire room. This house has a yard but not like the beautiful garden the other one has. 
"So babe, what you think." 
"I still really like the other one." 
"I know, but rember there's that other couple competing for it too, I think their willing to pay more than us." 
"What if that's what they're saying about us, we could at least make an offer, I mean there's no harm in that."
That really is the house I want, it's just so perfect. That's the house I want to wake up in every day, have my breakfast at that little table. That's the house I want to come home to from the hospital with my new born baby child. I want to wave good by front the window when that child boards the school bus. But I'm cl scared he's not gonna take it, I'm scared that if we don't go for it now I will loose it forever. But as he clearly doesn't want it how am I gonna be able to change that. 
We argued about it all night last night, it ended with him storming out into the rain and me standing I his apartment crying. However this morning we made up and I think we're getting past it. See the thing about Salem is he can never make huge changes without doing a lot of thinking and researching. He gives me one hard look and says.
"Are you sure that's the one you really want?" 
I nodd like a giddy school girl would for candy and he agrees swooping me up into his arms as we kiss. Like all our kisses it is perfect and we only stop when we can no longer go without air. As our agent calls the owner we stand talking about all the things we love about that house. He likes the room for renovation in case we ever get married and start a family. I just love the house in general it reminds me of the many trips we took to France as kids to visit my grandmother. 
"Good news the other couple backed down, it's yours if you want it." 
                                                     
                                                                          ➰

We stand outside of our newly bought house, the sold sign still on it's front lawn. I'm anxious to go inside but we can't just yet, we still have to finish signing papers. 
"Mal, calm down it'll just be another minute or two."
He looks at me concerned that I've gone mad over this house. He hands me the pen and shows me where to sign. I'm so nervousness I can barley stop my hand from shaking, I slowly write Malibu Denim on the page before shoving it in the arms of our real estate agent. Salem and I walk, hand and hand up to the front door, he dangles the keys infront of my face as if I'm an excited puppy before finally opening the door. As we step into our new home a sigh of relief escapes Salem's mouth. I run strait to my new beautiful bedroom and flop on the bed. Salem comes to lay down beside me but then quickly changes his position so that he lay onto of me. Slowly he kisses me as if to taunt me. I grab the back of his neck to bring him closer. Soon we're just two lovers in a ball of blankets. I feel him fumbling at the hem of my shirt and I quickly whip it off, it's his turn next and as he attempts to take it off it gets caught on his shoulders and he runs around the room pretending he's a monster. When he finally gets it off he comes to back to the bed and we go under the covers. 

1 comment:

  1. My reactions while reading: Awww! Picnic and gentleman. And yay! And aww again. So Salmen's a white/colorless berry and Malibu is pale blue? Okay, rude... Wait no, cute. They're going house hunting! *rolls eyes* As some one who was forced to move to a small town and doesn't like it, I understand how befuddled people can get if you do anything "untraditional". Awww! France; I'd love to visit there. Hmm... Oh! *shrugs* They're living together so, whatever. Awww, I bet they're going to love living together.
    So, yeah. I'm excited for the next chapter. :)

    ReplyDelete